Rip & Basil Day 3 8-18-2022

BASIL was first and we worked on heel with the lead and did some whoa work. The owner asked me to polish up his whoa training. A different trainer other than myself or my dad did his pointing training so I am not sure as to which method was used, but I am just starting off like he is a new dog and using the West Method. He did good and we got back on the table and picked up where we left off. We are still just starting to use the command fetch and just holding the bumper in front of his muzzle without applying any pressure waiting for him to open it so we can place the bumper in it. He is doing fine and he is holding onto it fine. We did several reps.

RIP was next and we did heel work with the lead and did some whoa work also. He has been started on whoa with his pointing training that TGR Kennels is doing. He has retained it well. We then moved to the table. Again picking up where we left off Rip was eventually opening his mouth so I can place the bumper there and praise him. He is also doing a better job at not mouthing the bumper so much. We did several reps. 

I also started to introduce the clicker in the retrieving sessions with both dogs. Basically the clicker is just a positive tool of reinforcement that they start to associate the sound with doing something good. 

Comments