Nelli & Kayce Day 6 6-3-2022

AM: They both got to play in the yard and relax. At this stage in the trained retrieve I don't want to ask too much of them as the retrieving sessions, although short, are strenuous for them. 

PM: KAYCE  was first up on the table and showed great strides. He immediately started to open his mouth with the command fetch while I applied very little pressure. I started incorporating the hold command where they eventually learn to not just pick up the bumper, but to hold it in their mouth until we tell them to give. He continued this throughout the whole session. It was the exact type of workout I was looking for from him. NELLI did a great job also and made great strides. She didn't require mutch pressure either to open her mouth when given the fetch command. I also started using the hold command with her. At this stage she appears to have a very soft mouth. Soft mouth dogs can sometimes have a tendency to drop the bumper earlier by accident. This is something I will watch out for and try to anticipate before it happens. Both dogs are progressing nicely. We will continue this stage for another couple days before I start asking them to reach for the bumper. 

Comments