Maverick Day 5 12-19-2022

MAVERICK is doing well with the leash work heeling and stopping when I stop and reading my body when I turn he will turn with me. On the table I started by putting the bumper in his mouth and then proceeded by beginning the next step in the process. This next step is time consuming and requires patience. Now that he is used to having the bumper in his mouth I am now asking him to open up his mouth on his own without any pressure and commands. I hold the bumper against his muzzle and when he decides to open it which can take several minutes sometimes, I place the bumper in it and praise him. I did several reps like this and called it good. This process gets him use to grabbing the bumper on his own without any negative side effects that pressure applied too soon can sometimes cause as I've learned from experience. This keeps the process happy and positive. After a few days of doing good at this step we then go about adding the command fetch and after that pressure. 

Comments