Nelli Day 8 6-5-2022

AM: Nelli got to play in the yard and got a soapless bath. Anytime I have the water hose on and I'm cleaning the kennels or bowls, she comes up and puts her face in the hose and sits down and waits for me to hose her down. She loves baths. 

PM: We got back on the table and I started asking her to reach for the bumper with pressure. She was a little hesitant at the beginning of the session. She was moving her head a lot but was grabbing the bumper. She isn't quite as comfortable as Kayce right now but she is doing good. I have to do a lot more quick repetitions with her since she likes to move her head a lot when she doesn't have the bumper in her mouth. When it is in her mouth she is very good and still, so what I am having to do is a lot of fetch, good, give, fetch, good, give very quickly, like only asking her to have it in her mouth for 2 seconds and saying give and then immediately asking her to fetch it again, for several repetitions. This prevents her from giving her time to move her head and wanting to leave. She did great by the end of the session.

Comments